If you are looking for a vacation with lots of sun, sea and sand, Florida is the perfect destination. The Florida coast has more than 1,100 miles of beaches and offers something for everyone. But what are the best beaches in Florida and what can you expect from them?
Here are the top 10 beach options:
1. Panama City Beach, also known as PCB, is consistently one of the best Florida beaches with shiny white quartz sand that is beautiful to look at and soft enough for children to play there. Longer than 25 miles, it borders the Gulf of Mexico, providing hot clean water for swimming.
2. On Daytona Beach, MTV has hard packed sand that is great for both sports and dancing. Former race site, much of it still accessible to cars. Daytona Beach is a popular place for bodybuilding and a great place for swimming. Its gentle sloping coastline means you are less likely to find yourself in your depth.
3. St. Joseph's Peninsula offers a beautiful sugar beach with all the benefits of a national park. Its tall dunes offer a beautiful view over St. Joseph's Bay. It is a popular destination for canoeing and kayak fans and fishing is only possible offshore. St Joseph is often among the top 10 beaches in Florida Florida for active holidays.
4. The Cocoa Beach is just minutes from Kennedy Space Center, so if you have your trip on time, you can lie on soft sand and watch the shuttle take off. Cocoa Beach is a great place for surfing and there is always a party atmosphere around the pier.
5. South Beach is popular with international celebrities and those who are looking for luxury holidays where they will be seen by the right people. South Beach bars and restaurants are rated accordingly, but it's a good place to go out if you like to look chic.
6. Clearwater Beach is always full of activity. In addition to artistic and cultural entertainment, it also offers free night concerts at Pier 60. And children can enjoy visiting the nearby aquarium. Children often declare it one of the best beaches in Florida.
7. Fort Walton Beach is a great place to relax, especially for families with plenty of play space for children and lifeguards to watch over them. Dolphins play in the Gulf just offshore and you can take a boat ride if you want to get to know them.
8. Captiva Beach, located on Captiva Island, is a popular destination for both young couples and older vacationers. Its mile of glittering sand is laced with exotic shells. Captiva Beach is located near Bahia's Honda Canal with its stunning reefs making it a great place for snorkeling.
9. Fort Lauderdale offers 23 miles of stunning beaches between its waterways and the high seas. Here you can watch the manatee played or just take a walk in the water to explore the reefs. Often listed among the top ten beaches in Florida, Florida has a steady popularity that shows it can appeal to visitors of different backgrounds.
10. Sanibel Island Beach is undoubtedly one of Florida's best beaches and also one of the state's best kept secrets. Although a popular destination for marriage, it is largely undiscovered and its quiet atmosphere attracts wildlife such as sea turtles. This is a great place to find shells and is popular with windsurfers.